Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have had a migraine now and can't get rid of it. My Dr has

Customer Question

I have had a migraine for months now and can't get rid of it. My Dr has put me on topamax and maxalt but they are not working. Any suggestions?
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: I tried laying in a dark room with no noise. I tried hot showers on my neck. I can't take nsaids because of my stomach so that leaves them out.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: I can't think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Neurologist responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Janne Nissinen replied 10 months ago.

I’m Dr. Janne Nissinen, a board certified neurologist.

Please note that this is an information request and does not substitute an in person visit to a physician or an official diagnostic process. The advice given here is for information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a severe headache. When you say you have had a migraine for months, does that mean that your headache has been continuous since it started? What diagnostic tests have you had?