Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I was on a sailboat and the chair collapsed and kicked I was

Customer Question

I was on a sailboat and the chair collapsed and kicked I was about 4 feet high and went down on my back only able to break my fall a little with my left arm. I have no visual injuries but internally and my skin aches all over this happened a week ago and I can not get comfortable at night just a constant nagging pain also both my legs have muscle pain above my knees. Any ideas about what happened or what kind of a DR. I should go to?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

It sounds from here without examining you that you might have a lumbar disc problem at L5/S1 if you feel pain down the posterior thigh to your knees, have more pain with prolonged sitting or coughing,etc. If you have a friend or significant other around you can try the straight leg raise. Lay on you back on a hard surface ( the floor) and keeping your legs straight, have him raise them up individually. Do you get lower back pain? Let me know. The doc could be just your regular GP. Or a neurologist. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

AL I hope I was able to answer your question. Please get back to me if you have further questions and I will reply. Or if satisfied please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for my work. Thanks. Dr Frank