Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Canmild peri ventricular cause lack of happiness

Customer Question

canmild peri ventricular cause lack of happiness
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 9 months ago.

Hi Donald, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Mild periventricular white matter changes are not known to cause lack of happiness/joy in anyone. In fact mild white matter changes in MRI of the brain are seen very frequently and it is not considered as a cause for the symptom you have mentioned. There are myriad other causes for lack of joy and I am not sure how far you have been investigated in this regard. There are conditions like thyroid diseases, vitamin deficiencies etc that can cause this symptom. If you had no blood tests done to explore these possibilities then you may try to get these tests done. Even depressive illnesses too can cause this symptom. I am not sure whether you have seen a psychiatrist or not, if not then I recommend seeing a psychiatrist too so that they can evaluate you for the possibility of depression. There is a particular symptom of depression which is called as anhedonia which makes people unable to experience joy or happiness in their life. There are various treatment options to improve the happiness and joy in life including medications like Bupoprion or SSRI agents etc and they can bring back lot of happiness and joy in your life.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor