Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I hate to go out side anymore i just feel st ressed out all

Customer Question

I hate to go out side anymore i just feel st ressed out all the time and its like i always feel stuvk in a closet . I feel like people are going to attack me when i go out side . Whyyy
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

There are various medical and neurological conditions that can cause the type of new symptoms you are having. For example thyroid diseases can cause this. Vitamin deficiencies like vit 12 or folate or vit d deficiency can cause this. There are certain structural problems in the brain too can cause these manifestations you are having. As you see there are medical and neurological conditions that can cause this and I am not sure whether you have already seen your doctor including a neurologist. If not then you may try to see them. They will also arrange for certain investigations that may include certain blood tests (thyroid, vitamins, comprehensive metabolic panel, lyme etc) and an MRI scan of the brain etc. No need to repeat if any of the above mentioned tests have already been done. If any medical or neurological cause is identified then it will be treated accordingly and if no medical or neurological causes are found then you may also need an evaluation from a psychiatrist to explore the possibility of psychiatric causes for your new symptoms. One or otherway I reassure you this is most likely not due to any serious or life threatening illness so please not to panic.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor