Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My 17 year old daughter has had diarreah days and during

Customer Question

My 17 year old daughter has had diarreah for 14 days and during those 14 day she has had 2 seizures. The first one was 9 days ago and we called an ambulance because she had passed out and had then had the seizure they said she was dehydrated so they gave her fluids and sent her home think that was it. She had a second one two days ago while in bed. I went in to check on her and she was having it. We have her set up for a gastro doctor and a neurologist next week. She is one 20 mg paxil for depression, cingular and zyrtech for allergies and gets allergy shots.
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good. Are you ready to speak with the Neurologist now?
Customer: Yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. welcome to JA. Has she ever had seizures prior to this incident with diarrhea? What is the reason she has diarrhea? Any changes in her neurological exam? Dr Frank