Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I am 28 years old and extremely active in both my jobs

Customer Question

I am 28 years old and extremely active in both my jobs (bartender and retail manager) I am constantly on my feet and running around. However for the past year, I've noticed a strange pain in my foot and hip. It only comes when I've sat down for maybe 20 or so minutes and go to stand up and walk again (especially in the morning). The pain in my foot it towards the middle base of my foot. I thought it was an injury from softball but the pain started a month after the season had ended. I don't have medical insurance right now so a doctor would be pricey. Just looking for some type of general idea of what could be going on.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

the history you told is suggestive of pinch nerve.The muscle gluteus medius which suppiles hip region is supplied by superior gluteal nerve and as you told that pain ensues when you stand up from sitting or walk after sitting,this is highly likely of nerve issue.Ans it needs MRI lumbosacral to look for pinch nerve causing pain in foot and hip.As you have no medical insurance,mean time you can use over the counter drug Tab naproxen sodium 550 mg twice daily.This will help relieve pain.take rest and have comfortable shoes on.

Regards