Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My son was playing lacrosse yesterday - at end of day he

Customer Question

My son was playing lacrosse yesterday - at end of day he said he had some hip pain when he ran - probably due to a slash - What is best treatment? . It doesnt hurt when you apply pressure just when he runs .
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

He needs to ice this over the first 48 hours to prevent swelling. Have him take an NSAID medication with food if he has no other medical problems, but for now you need to pack him in ice. Later, you revert to heat with a whirlpool or jacuzzi and work on increasing stretching if he has any limitations before he goes back to lacrosse. Please get back to me with questions and I will reply. If satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work Dr Frank