Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have a break in my c2 lots of MIRs and Cat scans and was

Customer Question

I have a break in my c2 lots of MIRs and Cat scans and was sent home with a brace. Have a follow up in 10 days with doctor but they never gave me restrictions? when brace is off, a sharp pain in neck but goes away when brace is back on. They said I can sleep without it but does not feel right. If I sit at a desk, can I work part time?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did tests to check on the arteries and they are fine
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello Welcome to JA. Did you have surgery to your C2? Did they say it was a stable or unstable fracture? Generally, for your type of injury, You can work at a desk in a seated position, you can do fine hand movements, grasp, but pulling things off a shelf from above, pulling things around on a table or lifting them off the floor should be restricted at this point. So the bot***** *****ne is it depends what type of work you do. You need to get your R/L's or restrictions/limitations from your doctor or his/her PA. Please get back to me to discuss this further. Ask questions, send me more information, and I will try to improve on this answer. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****