Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I've been to the doctor and hospital, diagnosed with

Customer Question

I've been to the doctor and hospital, diagnosed with essential tremor when I was about 18. I'm 22 now. There is a kind of new feeling that has grown on me that I've been experiencing for about well over a year now. I can never get appointments in time with my doctor and its always so difficult toexplain, easier for me to type. It's a feeling of tingling, numbness, and pins and needles all over your body. It lasts all day, every day. I have had several thyroid blood tests in the past as my mum has thyroid problems, but my blood tests always show that everything is normal! The worst feeling of all of this is my heart, I feel as if its some kind of attack I'm having. I get a painful chest, I don't know if its a panic attack or what! I do worry a lot, which I can't help, I worry about all sorts of silly stuff, mostly time! I am always looking at the clock! Silly right? Anyway, I'd just like to find someone who can give me an opinion on what I may be going through or what is happening with my body as its physically making me so mad now. I've been off work for well over a week now, this has happened before and I haven't explained to my work the truth as I can never put it into words properly, so I end up leaving them hanging and waiting for me! It's so frustrating. I need money, yet there's a big part of me that feels like I can't physically go back to work. I'm scared to be around people now in case I have this feeling.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

have you had an MRI?