Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

In the past year i have pain in the back of my upper legs

Customer Question

In the past year i have pain in the back of my upper legs when i walk. The pain is much
more intense if i am carrying anything.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The most likely possibility in your case is that you could be having degenerative disease of the discs or the bones in the back.

So I would strongly recommend that you have a MRI of your lower back to find out exactly if you have this problem and to also know the severity of your problem.

You will likely require nerve pain medications like duloxetine, pregabalin or gabapentin and along with that you will require stronger pain medications as nerve pain can be severe and quite often does not respond to routine pain medications.

If your symptoms persist in spite of pain medications then you may require a cortisone shot or two in your back and will require a referral to a pain medicine doctor.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.
Kindest regards