Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have a spot on my spine in the t-lumbar section of my

Customer Question

I have a white spot on my spine in the t-lumbar section of my back. The dr told me that I have a varicous vein in my back. Is this possible
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good. Tell us what else you know and the Neurologist will tell you what to do or who to get to help from.
Customer: I have had lower and neck pain for many years. The drs told me that I cannot have surgery, so the pain is very bad. Then they found this spot and did an MRI and told me that it is a varicous vein. I have pain between my shoulders, and a new strange weakness in my right leg
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I really know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

There is no term like Varicose veins when describing the circulation of your spine. Varicosities are seen usually in superficial draining veins of the legs, where the wall of the vein has lost its muscular contractibility, and the vein dilates. There are a variety of situations similar to that in there spine area, for example the syndrome of Foix-Alajouanine, where you have a dialated series of veins, or just one vein, running along the spinal cord that looks like varicose veins. But that is only one possibility, and there are others. If you can get your MRI report or have some comments from your neurologist written down, I would be glad to explain it to you. If you do have the MRI report, you can upload it but I would suggest you leave off your name as this is a public forum. I will leave you a webpage on the above syndrome which is fairly rare. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply, or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr frank http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1160578-overview

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was charged $5 for the answer, but then you took $33.00 out of my account. Why?

Hello. Welcome back to JA. From what I can see from here (I am the doctor answering your question), I see that you have not yet accepted this answer. You are only charged for this question when you accept my answer, which you did not do. Therefore, it must be a mistake, or a charge for a different question. You can find out by contacting custom service and asking them, ok? There should be a contact button on your webpage there, just click on it. Dr Frank

If you would like to discuss yout situation regarding the "white spot" on your MRI, just get back to me. Good Luck. Dr Frank