Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had an MRI of brain without contrast and MRI c spine

Customer Question

Hello I had an MRI of brain without contrast and MRI c spine without contrast. Findings include 12mm pineal cyst stable since 2009; possible flattening of superior colliculi; low lying cerebral tonsils/ectopia; c6c7 stenosis and spondylosis. I have pdf report of both from the scans on 1.30.2016. Symptoms include headaches, random one sided numbness/tingling of extremities, neck pain post chiropractic adjustment in Nov 2015 which hasn't resolved. Head pain is located frontal and base of back of my head. My pcp said "normal MRI" and referred to pain clinic and physical therapy. Recently I also was diagnosed with multiple evenescent white dot syndrome of my left eye which has since resolved after 6 weeks of symptoms (10.30.15). Thoughts?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

When was the last MRI done?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MRI was 1/30/2016
Meds are aspirin 81, Zoloft 50mg
PMH: PFO closure 9/2009 after suspected TIA

Thank you for that additional information.

The MEWS in your eye has nothing to do with your symptoms or the MRI findings.

What are my thoughts?

Based on what you have posted I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS