khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Okay so i got up in the middle of the night to let the dog

Customer Question

Okay so i got up in the middle of the night to let the dog out next thing i know im being shaken by my bf on the floor. He said i was lying there crying softly i have no idea what happened i had carpet burns down my face and the side of my nose i also had one really bad on the bridge of my nose which i dont understand how that could happen i also have a knot about 2 inches around on my forehead almost on top of my eyebrow i didnt throw up or get a headache right away. Its been four days and i now have a mild one i have huge black eyes and the bump is still there should i go to the doctor or is this just going to take awhile to heal? Its all bizare to me . Thank you does a knot take that long to go away i can open my eyes and everything now the swelling has gone down how long for the black eyes and should i be worried about them?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Myy headache Is gone this picture is the first day

Most black eye injuries aren't serious. The discoloration is caused by bleeding under the skin around the eye. Gently apply a cold pack or a cloth filled with ice to the area around your eye. Don't press on your eye. Repeat several times a day for one to two days.

Apply warm-hot compresses. This may be helpful after a few days when the swelling has stabilized. Repeat several times a day for a day or two.

It would be gone within one months. However, if you have if you have vision problems, severe pain, or bleeding in your eye or from your nose., you should see your doctor.