Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Why do I get pins and needles with numbness in my right arm

Customer Question

Why do I get pins and needles with numbness in my right arm /weird feeling behind right eye .cronic pain in top of neck near base of skull ,within 2 minutes of standing up after bad slip and fall on board on tiled floor which took off fast once I stepped on it landing on right hip and shoulder holding head as not to hit floor causing compression on neck I felt movement from neck traveling up to top of head then exploded leaving huge headache instantly please help as I still have pain in base of skull /top of neck area .MRI showed no nerve damage ???
Should I get full neurological test ??
I now have cronic depression /somatic symptom disorder
Please help me out here PHIL
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Did you have an MRI of your cervical spine and/or just the brain? What you describe could be explained by cervicogenic headache with radiation behind the right eye. When it typically explodes it is termed hemicrania continua. All can be from clerical disc degenerative disease resultant to a slip and fall causing compression of C5/6 cervical disk and the right arm symptoms. If you have MRI imaging and have questions please upload the report and I will reply. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yer they did one on spine and one on brain but said no nerve damage
I don't know how to up load results and send by phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was only referred to a spine specialist after chiropractor said it is only soft tissue damage and will settle down in a few wks but it only got worse
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I see. Did you get an EMG of your cervical spine and arm? You can email customer service and they will send me the reports. Dr Frank