Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have lower back pain in my right hand of my back somedays

Customer Question

I have lower back pain in my right hand of my back somedays it's feels like I'm numb from my waIstanbul down and makes it difficult for me to walk even sitting sum days but this is only on my right side also for the last two days my right leg keeps swelling from my knee down wards to my foot and I keep getting pins ano needs constant in that same leg
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This keeps coming and going for months to the point were this unbearable anymore it affect my sex life because it hurts me it gets me down to the point were I break down and cry
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to hear about your pain. Your description suggests a possible radiculopathy, meaning there may be a pinched nerve root in the lumbar region. This could be from extensive degenerative changes or a herniated disc. An MRI would be helpful in ruling this out. Either way, you should have the leg examined and start working with a physical therapist if your doctor agrees.