Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I am recovering from an emergency surgery following a spinal

Customer Question

I am recovering from an emergency surgery following a spinal surgery because of deep tissue infection. I wore a wound vac for seven weeks after. I developed tremors which led me to two ER visits. The tremors increased to the point of my entire body shaking. The tremors stopped after the wound vac was removed. A recent MRI of my brain shows atrophy. Could the spinal surgery and after healing have led to any brain atrophy? Thank you, Kathy
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The answer to your question is probably no. That these are two separate issues. The tremor could have been a neurological response to the infection however. Was the spinal surgery/infection in your cervical thoracic or liumbar spine? Did they do an MRI of your brain with and without gadolinium? (Contrast)? If you have the results, please upload the document minus your name as this is a public forum. Has anyone discussed a rubral tremor or essential tremor with you? Is the tremor entirely gone? What was the bacteria cultured from the wound? Let me know and we can discuss all the possibilities. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Please review my response to you regarding the tremor. I might be able to help. Just reply and I will respond Dr Frank