Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have been experiencing a dull/uncomfortable ache at the

Customer Question

I have been experiencing a dull/uncomfortable ache at the right bottom of my head & also severe siatic pain along my right hip & buttocks. This had been there for about 4 days now.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This dull ache does not occur when laying down.
It's very frightening
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 10 months ago.

Hello. welcome to JA. Has this ever happened before? Does light bother your eyes? any nausea/vomiting? Have you had a fever or muscle pain? Could this be the flu? You are exhibiting neck and lower back symptoms, and I am trying to figure out if they are related or separate. If related, a variety of conditions have to be considered. If this has happened many times before and resolved, that is a better situation than this is the first time and both the neck and lower back started at the same time. Get back to me with more information and I will give you an answer. If you have any medical records like imaging studies of the cervical spine or lumbar spine, let me know. You can upload the reports leaving out your name as this is a public forum. Dr frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No none of the above

How can I help? Difficult to diagnose your condition from here, but I can tell you if you do not have the symptoms described above in this setting, then you are not in grave danger. Tell me what you can about it, has anyone discussed the diagnosis of fibromyalgia with you? Have you considered trying neuropathic pain medication like gabapentin, pregabalin, or duloxetine? get back to me if I can help dr frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have not tried any if the above mentioned medications but will give it ago thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are these medications available without prescription?

You are in australia, I am on the east coast of US, in NYC. So personally I do not know, but they are all prescription here in the US. Gabapentin is called Neurontin here, in Australia, you have a variety of medications, different formulations. here is a listing http://www.nps.org.au/medicines/brain-and-nervous-system/antiepileptic-medicines/gabapentin

Gabapentin in used for epilepsy as well as neuropathic pain.

I cannot find any information on pregabalin or duloxetine from here. Could you ask your pharmacist? Please get back to me if I can help Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can u direct me back to beginning where it states that I only pay $5 if I'm not satisfied with the outcome. Obviously you have stated that you can not diagnose or answer my question fully & that I should seek medical advice, which I have copied n pasted so I shud have refund of $48 from $53

Please contact customer service, they can discuss giving you a refund ok? Just click on customer service. thanks Dr Frank