Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I should like to know where I may get the most Advanced

Customer Question

I should like to know where I may get the most Advanced surgery for instability C1-C2?
It is a complicated case, as the sight is also at risk, as we have double vision and danger of getting blind, because of injury to the vision nerve. There is also palatal-problems and TMD.
There are lesions Os sphenoidea, sinus and Temporalis, and on the left side of the throat, as well as Thorax.
I do hope you can tell me who is the best for complicated traumas and thank you in advance. With kind regards, ***** ***@******.***
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I unfortunately cannot email you, but we can discuss this online if you reply to this posting. I am a US trained Board Certified Neurologist here in the NYC area. I cannot understand your statement completely. You are asking about C1/2 surgery, but mentioning that this is traumatic??? and that there are "lesions" in a variety of bones that make up the front of the face. So please get back to me to discuss this further. Is this a disease like Paget's disease, or cleidocranial dysostosis, where there are osseous lesions? Or are these fractures from trauma? To answer your question: The best place for specific defects of C1/2 where surgery is indicated in the NYC area is the Chiari Institute, here on Long Island, a suburb of NYC. Patients come from around the world for the surgeries here. So I will attach their website. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or if satisfied with this question and not wanting to respond, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for my work. Dr Frank http://www.chiariinstitute.com/