Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I have a pain in middle of my back that goes through to my

Customer Question

Hi
I have a pain in middle of my back that goes through to my chest. The pain in my chest seems to move to left side of arm then under right arm intermittently. I have general aches and pains in most of my body due to lack of sleep ( I'm a nurse) which is worse on rising, wearing of usually through the day. I've got a shooting pain in neck moving into back which I believe is muscular so the other pain my be due to bad posture. I am a bit concerned about the back heart pain as I smoke an ecig and if I stop for a couple of days the pain subsides. I know more than most the dangers of smoking but can't seem to give up though I've tried. Pathetic I know
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

How long have you had this pain going through your chest? how often do you notice it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Notice it daily , all of the day. Had it for months though getting worse. Had bad cough in Aug which I had clear X-ray for lung function, diagnosed viral pneumonia .
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I would seriously consider getting a thoracic CT scan. Can you arrange for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's hard enough to get more than a 5 min appointment on the nhs but I could ask, what are my concerns, to strengthen my case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask, you are a neurologist. What experience do you have in GP surgery ? Could my pain be derived from neurology?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to ask that but I'm not familiar with American medical officials
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I'm an internist and a neurologist. I see a wide variety of patients with a wide variety of conditions. My concern in your case would be that you might have a thoracic aortic aneurysm. I would want to rule this out if you came to me with these symptoms. This is a potentially very serious condition.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

hello??

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

sorry...thought you were a real nurse.