vakularen
vakularen, Other
Experience:  practising medicine since last 35 years.
15267045

I've got t in my face pretty bad got a broken nose. I

Customer Question

I've got hit in my face pretty bad got a broken nose. I believe it's caused my face & left side of body to loose muscle, it's been a couple years it happened & my nose is still broke. The left side of my body & face is droopy.. I workout on a daily, nothing seems to help. I want to know will it ever get normal again? & I've sort of lost sensation in my left hand as well
Category: Neurology
Expert:  vakularen replied 10 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Were you investigated by Scans (CT/MRI of the brain) at the time of injury?was there any damage to the brain tissues at that time and what did the doctor say at that time regarding your injury?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've been to hospitals, I had a MRI & results everything looked fine I was told. It doesn't feel right to me though, I know something is wrong.. Ive been a perfectionist all my life.. I was asked can I feel certain spots on my face & ect. I said yes because I thought being numb or losing feeling is when you can't feel nothing, but now I know the difference.. I most defenitly am losing feeling, & lost muscle..

It would be prudent to consult your PCP and get a complete physical examination including a neurological examination,this would help identify any loss of sensation/motor muscle power/hemiparesis or loss of sensation.You can also request a neurological consultation with a Neurologist who would identify any specific cause of your symptoms.Ocassionally Other tests like MRI/CT scan imaging and Nerve ConductionVelocity testing may be required.