Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

There is narrowing of the right L5 -S1 neural with crowding

Customer Question

There is narrowing of the right L5 -S1 neural for amen with crowding of the right L5 Root . There degenerative changes of the facet joints and mild infolding of ligamementum Flavum , more severe on the right contributing to the narrowing of the right side of the subarticular zone & proximal neural foramen
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello Welcome to JA. There is no question here, only part of a MRI report of the lumbar spine. Could you get back to me with a specific question? If you'd like an explanation of the specific changes described, I can do so. Generally speaking you have evidence of spondylolysis, or an increase in bone degenerative changes effecting the facet joints, and the area along the vertebral disc on the right side where the nerve runs until it exits a hole called the neuroforamina. The L5 nerve root is crowded, and that crowding damages the insulation to the nerve, creating pain and possibly weakness into the lateral side of your right calf, and maybe some numbness on the outside of your right foot. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will return to reply, or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI come back to see your answer and reply. we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank