Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am a 27 year old female. And mother of two- first child

Customer Question

Hi, I am a 27 year old female. And mother of two- first child born 6/30/14, second born 7/02/15. I have inappropriate sinus tach, POTS syndrome, and hoshimotos (thyroid levels are normal, but I have really high antibodies) have a neck issues (lordosis of the cervical spine), tinnitus and visual snow (I have had them for years), IBS, leaky gut, and get migraine like headaches about once or twice a month (they start about mid day get worse through out the day don't usually respond to ibprofen, but subside while laying down in a dark room and generally after I sleep, when they are really bad I have that dull icky headache the next morning. I currently take no meds besides a Multivitamin, Krill Oil, and Vitamin D. Despite having two kiddos I get a fair amount of sleep each night. Eight days after the birth of my second child I had my first occular migraine, no headache, just the vision patch in both eyes, exactly like the pics on the internet and it lasted about 15 minutes. I had weakness in my left arm with it too. Two months after that I started having pins and needle through my body and feeling week. It terrified me. I was/am super anxious. That's when I found out I had the high thyroid antibodies (but thyroid activity was normal but on the high side), was Vitamin D, iron, calcium, and vitamin B deficient. I have since got these up and the tingling subsided. Since then I have had wavy vision- not that makes me sick, and I don't notice it when I am moving or busy but when I try to focus on far away objects (like the sky seems to move, or the wall paper patterns) sometimes while blinking and switching back and forth between each eye I notice objects jump, seem like they're shaded differently in each eye, or positioned just slightly different or different sizes. I don't notice this when I'm busy just when I am focusing on it. Also, when I'm in directly sunlight I notice that my colors are off in each eye (one red hues stand out, in the other blues (I know this is affected by what eye is receiving more light, like when driving with the sun on your left, it just seems WAY exaggerated)), as well as having my vision go black for just a split second usually when I'm up and moving about maybe once every month or two (I always wonder if I blinked just a second longer to notice or wonder if the lights flickered). So needless to stay I'm obsessing about my vision. I have had to eye appointments with two different eye doctors in the last 4 months all normal. Also I have had a fairly recent neck CT scan for a questionable lymph node (all good) and sinuses (slightly deviated septum). Also have weakness some seem more like on my left side, but not always slow. I have had major anxiety and depression issues in the past (health related). My general doctor tends to think this is Post Partum Anxiety/ Hormones/Migraines. I'm just terrified I have MS, a brain tumor, strokes, or seizures..... thank you.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I'd like to add that sometimes I'm all over shaky like small internal trembling and also that these symptoms come and go, but are present a LOT! I also have moments where I feel like I can't think, drop things more often, and such. Just a mess. We had company for 10 day and having someone around constantly I was distracted so symptoms were better. But after they left I feel like I'm relapsing horribly in the symptoms department.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I have scared myself by having 4 CT scans (2 to sinuses 2 to neck (one for thyroid, one for lymph node) in the last 8 years. I;m scared the radiation has heightened my brain tumor/ cancer risks. I had the sinus one's due to sinus problems had surgery for that and tonsils and adenoids out in 2008.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello !

Well you put forth a complex set of information and questions above !

First >don't worry about getting cancer from your CT scans.. not that much radiation so relax on that one...

I think that you should consult #1 a NEUROLOGIST

>> the POTS could tie into autonomic neurological dysfunction... the tingling and visual distrubances could tie in potentially with COMPLEX MIGRAINES >> these are migraines with neurological symptoms.. so IF that should be the case with you then your migraines SHOULD NOT BE TREATED with a TRYTAN type medication such as Immitrex/ Maxalt/ Zomig ? etc..

You may have benefit to be on a migraine preventative sucha s Topamax/ Elavil / Inderal

You need further work up with a neurologist thopugh is the bot***** *****ne.. they would start with revirewing your history adn symptoms>> then physical exam >> then consider perhaps supportive tests as they may feel necessry ( MRI of brain may be considered)

#2 Endocrinologist to follow the Hashimoto's thyroiditis> that is an autoimmune disease but it may dfor a time hyper-stimulate the abnormal release of thyroid hormone but in the end you will probably have a burned out thyroid and hypothyroidism which will need treatment.. You need to be monitored for this condition ( IT may be reasn behind some symptoms asuchas feeling shaky and tachycardia )

I agree with visual symptoms that seeing an ophthalmologist is a good idea too >> the symptoms could be ocular migraines in part here however...

Too much thyroid hormone may cause IBS symptoms as well...BTW...

I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD