Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have severe pain in my legs I am taking gabapentin days

Customer Question

I have severe pain in my legs I am taking gabapentin for 2 days and the pain hasn't gone away I want to take Tylenol to see if would help?j
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I assume from your statement that you have peripheral neuropathy as the cause of pain in your legs (?). If so, the oxycodone with acetominophen will work much better than acetominophen alone, but you can try it, use it with gabapentin.

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively, there are other alternatives such as increasing your gabapentin dose ( how much do you take?) or using capsaicin ointment as well. Have you tried that? Get back to me to discuss. Do you have PN or is it from disc disease/ arthritis in your lumbar spine? Ask questions and I will reply. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI I WAS SLEEPING PLEASE . I WAS ADVISED TO TAKE 1-2 CAPSULES 3 TIMES A DAY AS NEEDED (GABAPENTIN) MY QUESTION IS HOW MANY OF OXYCODONE-ACETAMINOPHEN THIS MEDICINE I SHOULD TAKE FOR PAIN ALSO IN MY TOES I FEEL SOMEONE IS PINNIG MY TOES
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. I don't know the size of your gabapentin capsules. Are they 100 mg or 300 mg. The normal "therapeutic dose" for gabapentin is to start with the 100 mg capsules and get to three a day, then increase to 600 mg a day (so two of the 100 mg capsules, three times a day), but often in neuropathy (it sounds like you have neuropathy causing this pain in your feet) the effective dose range is 900 mg to 1500 mg, so I usually give the 300 mg capsules eventually. You can use oxycodone-acetominophen (what size, 5, 7.5 or 10 mg oxycodone) as well for neuropathic pain. Get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply, or rate my service if satisfied. Dr frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Nory, I hope I was able to send you useful information, please get back to me anytime if you have questions and I can help by reply. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****