Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

With the narrowing of artries to the brain, is there

Customer Question

with the narrowing of artries to the brain, is there treatment other than surgery? 39 F with RVCS and Empty Stella syndrome with narrowing arteries.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.

Hello welcome to JA. I will review your statement and respond shortly. Thanks. Dr. Frank

Could you send me more information about your problem? What segments of the cerebral circulation are affected? Have you hemorrhaged or what symptoms do you have (such as thunger clap headache)? Have you had a CNS vasculitis screen and/or a work up for moya moya disease? Surgery obviously is dependent on location and approach. Other options include interventional neuroradiologic procedures such as balloon angioplasty and/or stenting. RCVS is often a self limited disorder lasting months and can resolve spontaneously, especially post pregnancy. Please get back to me to discuss this further. But if satisfied please rate my service by clicking on the rating stars because that is how I am compensated for my work. Thanks. Dr. Frank