Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My Mother is almost 101 years old. She fell prior to

Customer Question

My Mother is almost 101 years old. She fell prior to Christmas and injured her left side in general and particularly her left ankle. She was able to walk and move her ankle in circular motions. Didn't appear to be broken---just sprained. Took her to scheduled Dr. appointment shortly thereafter. He suggested we have the foot, ankle and leg X-rayed, which we did. No one has followed up with us since the time of the Xray. Now her ankle and lower leg appear to still be discolored. She also suffers from a skin condition on her extremities which regular doctor says may be side effect of taking Celebrex. Last night she happened to be barefooted when I went to her house and I got a chance to look at the foot and lower leg. Really dark. Skin appears to be extremely dry and pealing. She says she has no pain but it does not look normal. What could this be?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It is robably discolored because of deeper bruising than a simple bruise of the skin. However, a better comment can be made if able to review a picture of the area.

Could you attach a picture of the discolored leg?