Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Light headed, dizziness on motion of short duration,BP

Customer Question

light headed, dizziness on motion of short duration,BP 118/64, PR 66, normal speech,
extention of arms test-normal,Rt. calf and foot feels cold, 85 year male, no history of heart attack or stroke, non-smoker.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Do you have hearing loss? Tinnitus ( ringing or whooshing sound). History of ear infections or ear fullness?

If you feel dizzy with head movements it might be BPPV or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. This diagnosis is made by ENT doing some testing at the exam table. Please get back to me to discuss. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My question concerned me having those symptoms of a stroke...no facial distortions,no loss of strength in my upraised arms,no speech problems but I am 85 and concerned.My family doctor is not available and I don't want to go to ER.I had a complete blood work Dec 2015 and my Albumin was a little low 3.2 also my blood urea nitrogen was a little high 19,the rest of this analysis was all within range..Had a full physical in Oct 2015 including anEKG all normal..Still concerned about strokes..

I cannot diagnose a stroke from here online, but if you do not have a pronator drift (hold your arms out in front of you, palms to the sky, and close your eyes with someone watching you, if your arms start to move upon closing your eyes, if they drift up and outward, that suggests you may have a stroke, keeping your eyes closed, you point your index finger and try to touch the tip of your nose, if you miss by a large amount on one side, that also suggests a possible stroke). You can test yourself heel to toe walking, holding your head up and arms at your side. if you do not fall to one side, that is a good sign of no stroke. Rapid alternating movements of your hands (pretend you are playing the piano) if normal is a good sign as well. No double vision, blurry vision, facial weakness or numbness, no problems swallowing or slurred speech? All those tests fine, you are probably ok. Please get back to me if I can help, or remember to rate my service if satisfied with this answer by clicking on the rating stars thanks *****