Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I had a MRI two days ago with and without contrast and I am

I had a MRI two days ago with and without contrast and I am having trouble understanding my report.
My report says -
"Diffusion weighted imaging demonstrates no evidence of an acute CVA.
The axial TIRM dark fluid imaging sequence demonstrates a few tiny focal areas of increased signal intensity within the deep white matter of the left cerebral hemisphere (series 6 image 13, series 6 image 16). No other white matter based lesion is detected. No hydrocephalus is present. There is no MRI evidence of an intra-axial or extra-axial mass lesion with no abnormal region of enhancement being noted on the postcontrast images.
IMPRESSION:
1. Two tiny foci of increased signal intensity are noted within the deep white matter of the left cerebral hemisphere as seen on the axial TIRM dark fluid imaging sequence. A demyelinating disease process is felt to be a remote consideration for these tow tiny focal areas. Correlation, however is recommended.
2. The study is otherwise within normal limits with no abnormal region on enhancement being noted on the postcontrast study.
Can you help explain this a little better to me.
Thank you.

Hi. You have some changes in your white matter which are non specific and can be seen in migraine. Do you have headaches? Dr Frank?

The neuroradiologist did consider that this could represent demyelinating disease (MS) but felt it was unlikely based on the signal parameters and the size of these two punctuate lesions. So if you have any symptoms let me know. Dr Frank

Stephanie, I hope I was able to answer your questions, please get back to me and I will respond if you need something else. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****