Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My son wakes up and it's like he's not altogether

Customer Question

My son wakes up and it's like he's not altogether there he is shacking his head it's hard to explain put it like he's having some kid ms of mini fit he can not talk when he's like this and dribble with it to I took him to doctors and waiting for a pedestrian and that's to long to wait he's always had it but got a little worse he is 7
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Do you have other children or is he your only ( or oldest ) child?

Does he OTHERWISE seem normal as his development ( speech and coordination are normal?)

Has he had any history of any neurological trouble? ( any history of head trauma, being knocked unconscious, any history of seizures or other?)

It is difficult to ascertain from your history as to how "abnormal" vs perhaps normal for waking his behavior may be....

I suggest that you video record his waking behavior for several mornings and hen review these with his pediatrician to help assess this...

Keep in mind that a seven year old will be more demonstrative in their behavior than an adult .. we resist being awakened .. a child may well "Protest" this by shaking their head...

I hope that this information and these suggestions are helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD