Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I think i developed a form of tilt or mcs ....i recently had

Customer Question

I think i developed a form of tilt or mcs ....i recently had a full mold remediation and reconstruction in my home and ever since then when i walk in the house i get really bad headaches and other light symtpms like nasal swelling , slight diffuctly breathing and over all feeling of being unwell...so far no one gets a bad reaction from the except me..
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a cure in any way from this mcs or tilt disease
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

There is no cure for it. It could be due to anxiety. You should see your doctor and try antidepressants such as Celexa, Luvox, Paxil, and Prozac.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No anxiety here is it very rare , it seems no one really knows what exactly gives it to a person

What is tilt?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Toxicant induced loss of tolerance its in the family of multiple chemical sensitivity , im trying to find out if it is extremly rare , im having a really bad reaction to something it that house , and i think it might be the chemicals used to treat the house with mold , so far only i have had issues , cant figure out what to do

You should see an allergy doctor to have an allergy test for the solution used to remove mold.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is mcs rare

Idiopathic environmental intolerance (IEI) is formerly called multiple chemical sensitivity. The only nationally representative study of IEI, conducted in Germany, found self-reported chemical sensitivity in 9 percent of the population, and a physician diagnosis of IEI in 0.5 percent. Studies in US communities found rates of self-reported chemical sensitivity ranging from 13 to 33 percent, and a prevalence of physician-diagnosed IEI in 3 to 6 percent.