Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I think i developed a form of tilt or mcs ....i recently had

Customer Question

I think i developed a form of tilt or mcs ....i recently had a full mold remediation and reconstruction in my home and ever since then when i walk in the house i get really bad headaches and other light symtpms like nasal swelling , slight diffuctly breathing and over all feeling of being unwell...so far no one gets a bad reaction from the except me..
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a cure in any way from this mcs or tilt disease
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

There is no cure for it. It could be due to anxiety. You should see your doctor and try antidepressants such as Celexa, Luvox, Paxil, and Prozac.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No anxiety here is it very rare , it seems no one really knows what exactly gives it to a person
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is tilt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toxicant induced loss of tolerance its in the family of multiple chemical sensitivity , im trying to find out if it is extremly rare , im having a really bad reaction to something it that house , and i think it might be the chemicals used to treat the house with mold , so far only i have had issues , cant figure out what to do
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should see an allergy doctor to have an allergy test for the solution used to remove mold.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is mcs rare
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Idiopathic environmental intolerance (IEI) is formerly called multiple chemical sensitivity. The only nationally representative study of IEI, conducted in Germany, found self-reported chemical sensitivity in 9 percent of the population, and a physician diagnosis of IEI in 0.5 percent. Studies in US communities found rates of self-reported chemical sensitivity ranging from 13 to 33 percent, and a prevalence of physician-diagnosed IEI in 3 to 6 percent.