Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

DO I HAVE REITERER'S SYNDROME FROM Oral sex several year ago

Customer Question

DO I HAVE REITERER'S SYNDROME FROM Oral sex several year ago joint pain knee pain burning in both legs burning in both wrist tingling and loss of sensation in left heal pain in left heal cough in throat keeps coming back feels like pins and needles in legs knees stomach feels like it is attaching my body very bad pain corn that keeps coming back in my pinky toe left foot I need to know if I have it I'm in pain too much please help
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Are your joints red and hot more in the morning? Did you have a diagnosed STD? ( chlamydial infection , immunoassay for IgG or IgM)? Did you have the ocular manifestations (uveitis, iridocyclitis)? Reiters is an autoimmune response to a bacterial infection and usually resolves in a few months spontaneously. Get back to me to discuss this further if I can help. If you have an inflammatory arthropathy you need the appropriate blood work then possible an arthrocentesis where joint fluid is examined under the microscope. Dr Frank