Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have started getting migraines within the past 5 years

Customer Question

Hello-
I have started getting migraines within the past 5 years with them coming more frequently (2 x mo). The only constant that I see is that I always wake with them and its in the occipital region. I cannot lay down as it hurts my head. I take Excedrin for migraines which take the edge off. I am female and 62 in very good health.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a history of migraine going back 30 years or so? If not, we need to discuss your neck and possible degenerative joint disease of your cervical spine as related to perimenstrual bone loss (osteoporosis). Please get back to me to discuss this further. Migraines usually do not start at the age of 57,but you can go for years without them, and then they can return. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a CT or MRI scan? Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Get back to me to discuss your concerns. Dr Frank