Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Fell ice skating and both knees formed a "W"- severe pain

Customer Question

Fell ice skating and both knees formed a "W"- severe pain and instability with both- can't turn either at the knee
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read the preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

How can I help. The treatment is RICE. Rest ice compression ( ace) and elevation. Use Motrin or aleve. Can you do a drawer test with a friend? If no better in two days you need to go to the ER or see your GP for an X-ray series to see if you have a capsular effusion and to get bracing. If you do then an appointment with the orthopedist to see if arthroscopic surgery is needed (ACL/PCL) tear. After 48 hours of icing you can try the whirlpool/jacuzzi. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help or if satisfied please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars. Thanks. Dr Frank