Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have a ache in my left p/groin area that penetrates down

Customer Question

I have a ache in my left hip/groin area that penetrates down my leg. It's the worst when I lay down. I also have pain/ache on the top of my left foot. It feels like it's bruised. I'm not sure what's going on. My hip pain has been on and off for three years. My foot pain has been about six months.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns.

1) Have you already seen any doctor & have you already had any investigations done to find out the cause for your hip/groin/leg & foot symptoms?

2) Any other symptoms like lower back pain, leg muscle weakness, numbness, or tingling (pins & needle feeling) etc?

3) I see that you have tried Advil, icy hot, heating pad; have you tried anything else or are these the only treatments you have tried so far? (I am asking like this so that I do not want to waste your time by recommending you some treatments that you might have already tried), so please try to give me the names of all the treatments you have tried so far. Once I get all these information from you I will follow up diagnoses & treatment options.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor