Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I'm 57 years old and started have numb toes 4 years ago.. They did an MRI and fo

Customer Question

hi...I'm 57 years old and started have numb toes 4 years ago.. They did an MRI and found very mild nonspecific white matter changes-changes of migraines can have similar appearance...stated under Impressions....also said...mild prominence of biparietal subarachnoid spaces.... (my dr. didn't even address this part) so I didn't think much of it until last month when I had another MRI due to strange headaches...not like my old migraines...Finding: mild diffuse cerebral volume loss-slightly greater than expected for patient age...fairly similar to last MRI 3 years ago.... also said very mild nonspecific white matter changes (just like 3 years ago) I feel good just the strange head pains that come and go...could the volume loss cause this? Can I do anything to stop the loss.... how concerned should I be... what about the numb toes? Thanks
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns. First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns. 1) Are you having any significant memory loss, and if memory loss is present is the memory loss progressive? 2) Is the numbness present in all the toes? 3) Are you having any lower back pain? 4) Could you describe the headache more? (how severe is it, is it pulsatile or pressure like, how long each episode of headache last, is the headache associated with nausea or vomiting etc)? 5) Do you have any medical conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes? 6) Are you under any excessive stress recently? Do you have any history of anxiety disorder, panic disorder or depressive illness etc? Best regards, Customer