Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have moderate/severe anxiety. My problem is that generally

Customer Question

I have moderate/severe anxiety. My problem is that generally I can't stop thinking long enough to sleep. While I'm trying to sleep, for example, I'll start to wonder what the state capital of Montana is and then look it up online because it's like I can't do anything but think about that question until I can find an answer. And even then I can't relax enough to get back to a state where I can think about sleeping.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns.

1) Approximately for how long are you having the anxiety disorder?

2) Have you already seen any doctor for this problem? And have you already had any investigations done to make sure there are no medical conditions causing or contributing to the anxiety problem?

3) What treatments have you already tried & what are your current treatments (medications or non-medication treatments)?

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor