Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I was sitting is a chair that has bungee cords on the back

Customer Question

I was sitting is a chair that has bungee cords on the back of the chair and my head slipped through one of the slots and my brother grabbed my feet and flipped me up and I went back and fell. I hit the back of my head pretty hard but the area that mostly hurts is the front right above my nose. It has been 10-15 minutes since this has happened and I have been icing it for about 6 minutes. There is a small oval shaped bump in between my eyebrows (that is wear I have been putting the ice
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.

Hello. You have somehow bruised your frontalis muscles, as they come down from the top of your head onto the area between your eyebrows. the insertion is a fascia, and that is bruised and swollen. Unless you see hemorrhage (bruising/blood) under the skin, you are going to be ok. You need to ice it over the next 48 hours, and wrap an ace bandage around your head like if you were in combat and a bomb went off. Let me know if you are having any neurological problems. I assume you did not pass out or have a change in consciousness (concussion) as a result of this fall, but let me know. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks *****