Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Is my name. I have an inner ear infection, very painful. The

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, ***** ***** is my name. I have an inner ear infection, very painful. The Doc has prescribed codeine for a few days with an antibiotic spray. It is still very painful, I need to function through Christmas. Can I take Ibuprofen as well, Paracetemol?.......On Christmas day, can I have a small drink or not?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats basically it, flue/cold probably brought on Ear infection - very sore. Doctor prescribed a few days of codeine, but still sore, can I take Ibruprofen?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Neurology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for the question and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Coming to the discussion;

Yes Codeine & Ibuprofen can be taken together safely and I can reassure you that these two drugs do not produce any serious or major side effects or drug interactions. There are many patients who have taken these 2 drugs together but have not experienced any major or serious side effects or any drug interactions so these two drugs are considered safe to be used together.

Once again I reassure you that Codeine & Ibuprofen can be safely used together. Similarly Paracetamol too can be taken together with Codeine and this combination too is considered safe.

And to your other question, small amounts of alcohol is fine while you are on any of these above mentioned meds including Codeine and there should not be any adverse effects seen.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Hi, have you received my answer posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches preventing you from reaching this site properly.

If you wish to discuss your concerns further please let me know and I will be very glad to continue helping you further as long as you feel necessary.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor