Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I had a car accident and after it headache and what appeared

Customer Question

I had a car accident and after it headache and what appeared unusual running nose - a lot of clear running from the nose. There was a burning sensation also in front and near the nose and strange feeling of inability to think and concentrate. There is also a lot of tensions in the top of my body: neck and jaws. ALthough mainly the clear liquid stopped, I still have some discharge and after driving it goes more. Now it is mainly whitish. I had a cruise planned, but got very tired after putting things into bugs. DO not want to move... Is it dangerous for me to fly to the cruise? Is it dangerous for me to walk or do something?
I still have plenty difficulties concentration, and can't think clearly...
Thanks!
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. When was your car accident, recently? Did you hit your head/bruising/loss of consciousness/concussion? With clear fluid from your nose, you are concerned about cerebrospinal fluid leaks that can happen in trauma, but only with severe concussions/loss of consciousness situations. You can check the glucose level in the CSF, and the ER can do a test on the fluid for a certain protein seen in it to identify it as CSF. All of that is unlikely but certainly has to be ascertained before you fly to the cruise. You should either see a neurologist as soon as possible or go to the ER. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that his how I am compensated for this work thanks *****