Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have a problem. I'm not in any immediate danger, but I

Customer Question

I have a problem. I'm not in any immediate danger, but I have neurological issues that have become very hard to manage since I've been ill on top of it. My accentuated issues are making it very hard to communicate or understand spoken or written words. This is something that has baffled doctors in my life before, as these episodes are intermittant.
I have a neurologist for narcolepsy already, however, he has told me that my other processing issues are not related to narcolepsy. Earlier this year, he told me that although it is not typical, he would see if a collegue in the same office would take me as a new patient. The office did not get back to me, so after a month, I followed up. After some more time passed, I was informed that doctor was not taking new patients. However, in the time that passed since then I have gotten a lot worse.
At this point, I am having trouble remembering things. He made a suggestion on what I could do next twice now, but I can't remember what he said or where I wrote it down. Also....that was months ago. My job is suffering partly because it took forever to even submit my paperwork for an intermittant fmla I do every year. It seems to take me forever to do even simple things.
I asked the person I started dating earlier this year for help, finally, and he helped me get some phone numbers for teaching hospitals. It was my hope that I might receive a better quality of care there, but since I'm having trouble talking or processing....I'm actually not sure how to make the necessary 1 st steps to making an appointment.
Is there anything you can suggest to get around the issue where I'm having trouble speaking clearly or reading ? I need to get help, but my situation doesn't fall into an emergency category.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had at least 2 MRIs in the past.
Also a 24 hour ambulatory EEG
No discoveries from those tests
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. We can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. is there any history of neurological disease in your family, like ALS (motor neuron disease) or dementia? What did they give you as a diagnosis for this memory problem? There is a condition called primary progressive aphasia, which is a language related degenerative disorder of the brain, called frontotemporal dementia. Get back to me with more information and I will reply. Dr frank