Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Pressure on lower back region stemming from herniated disc

Customer Question

Customer: Pressure on lower back region stemming from herniated disc between L4-L5 and bulging between L3-L4 with a new symptom of numbness and heaviness in left leg while walking. It feels like I'm walking through sand at the beach. I had facet injections about a month ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am morbidly obese, having lost 50 pounds last year only to regain it over the last nine months as a result of injury to my mid back from lifting my grandson. I've been pretty much bedridden since February. I have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease. My lower back has been an issue for the last 14 years; however, since receiving the facet injections, the condition appears to have gotten worse. Now, I can barely walk. I feel like I'm carrying my left leg as I walk. I have a walker, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Is it possible that the doctor might have hit a nerve during the last procedure?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Neurology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

How soon after the facet injections did your condition worsen?