DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I need a neurologist if possible please. I am 49, with some

Customer Question

I need a neurologist if possible please. I am 49, with some intermittent tingling in nose and lips for a few weeks. I am three years post-op after Cervical spine surgery (laminoplasty) at three levels, with chronic awful neck pain since the surgery, and for the last year or so I was diagnosed with autonomic trigeminal neuralgia which has caused a slight ptosis in eye and lowering of eyebrow and right facial muscles including corner of mouth. It's really hard for people to see but it's there, and it is also painful. I'm waiting for my neurologist to call me back to see if I need to do anything about this nose/mouth tingling and parasthesia. I had a clean neck and head CT about 5 weeks ago with the exception of worsening herniation at C5-C6. Do I need to go to an ER? I was hoping not since I have already had these symptoms for a few weeks. I was advised to take Indomethecin for the trigeminal neuralgia but it almost killed me so I only take Motrin now and then. This lip and nose tiingling seems to be associated with the really aggraveted neck pain in the surgery site and pain in occipital area which I have now. I took 1000 mg of Tylenol and wondering if I can take Motrin now on top of it. I also took 0.5 mg of klonopin which I take as muscle relaxer for neck pain. Is this emergent???
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 11 months ago.

Hello

A worsening cervical herniation with worsening symptoms requires a prompt MRI and evaulation.

I would never advise waiting in this situation.

Yes, go to the ER where they can get this done quickly.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime.

Please click a positive rating.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Should I go to my ERvat Columbia Presbyterian which is about 90 minutes from wherevibam currently or to local ER where there is no MRI on premises?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry about typos. Local ER where there is no MRI in hospital or drive to my hospital where my neuro, surgeon and other doctors are? That is about*****

Yes.

And call them to let them know you have increasing symptoms.

Have someone go with you.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Please do not forget a positive rating