Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My son is having small bump in the frontal part of the hand

Customer Question

My son is having small bump in the frontal part of the hand like a cyst. Its not bothering him . what will be that?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.

hello. can you take a picture of it? The most likely thing is a synovial cyst, otherwise known as a ganglion cyst. It is a outpouching of the synovial membrane that is between the bones of the wrist and hand. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it anything serious?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=synovial+cyst+hand+pictures&view=detailv2&id=FEAB72608E626340E6D321D7A913525E8DB8C828&ccid=GuRZeWJz&simid=608048523898782196&thid=OIP.M1ae459796273afa3625481f69b711471o0&mode=overlay&first=1

that is an example of one, it should feel a little rubbery, and move slightly when you push on it, not move all over, just depress. It is not at all serious. It should go away in a few days. You can wrap it with an ace bandage to promote its compression to help it go back. You will read online about hitting it with a heavy book, etc. Don't do that. Dr frank