DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I had a MRI of my left knee and the results was this, what

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** , I had a MRI of my left knee and the results was this , what does it mean.. 1. Mild tricompartmental chronic degenerative changes.2. Large enthesophyte originating off of the lateral femoral condyle immediately adjacent to the origin of the lateral collateral ligament.3. Intact menisci, ligaments, and tendons.4. Small joint effusion.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: been having pain on my left knee i know i have arthritis but they did a mri and i goth these results 1. Mild tricompartmental chronic degenerative changes.2. Large enthesophyte originating off of the lateral femoral condyle immediately adjacent to the origin of the lateral collateral ligament.3. Intact menisci, ligaments, and tendons.4. Small joint effusion.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Neurology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Mild tricompartmental chronic degenerative changes
2. Large enthesophyte originating off of the lateral femoral condyle immediately adjacent to the origin of the lateral collateral ligament.
3. Intact menisci, ligaments, and tendons.
4. Small joint effusion.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

These are findings typical of arthritis of the knee.

Degenerative chang

This means of cartilage. The bone spur is there on the outside ...lateral.

The ligaments are intact. as is the outside cartilage.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.