Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I'm having a pain in my right side near my leg. Over 3 weeks

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having a pain in my right side near my leg. Over 3 weeks ago now the pain is going to my back not in my hip. What it could be?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA. the most likely problem is an inflammatory condition that first effected your lumbar spine, then your sacroiliac joint, and then your hip. It could be all neurological as well, called sciatica, an inflammation of the sciatic nerve. But we would have to discuss this more. Do you have pain shooting down the back of your thigh as well? any weakness or numbness in the leg? Any tingling or numbness on the foot? 'where? Is it more a mechanical sense of pain with movement of the hip, or pain even when at rest? let me know and I will reply. If you have any studies, MRI or EMG, let me know Dr Frank