Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

83 yr old man with tendonitis in both shoulders suddenly

Customer Question

83 yr old man with tendonitis in both shoulders suddenly lost the use of his right hand. Has feeling in the arm and he can feel his hand but can't grip anything
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and respond shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond, we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

If you have normal sensation in your hand, have no pain shooting down to your hand, the weakness in your hand cannot be explained by a nerve entrapment at the shoulder, and needs further investigation. Have you seen a neurologist? Have you had an EMG/NCS test of your nerves going into the hand? Are your forearm muscles getting smaller, is there twitching in those muscles, or in your hand? Please get back to me with more information, any studies you have had done or ideas from doctors you have seen and I will reply. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****