DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I had a second opinion surgeon suggest that I ask the

Customer Question

I had a second opinion surgeon suggest that I ask the original surgeon what went wrong during the surgery to which he replied that he would have known if something had gone wrong, and this resulting thigh numbness is something that he had never seen in
his 10 years of practice. Could malpractice be involved here? How far out is this stem cell nerve regeneration? If I keep active will I remain ambulatory? More accurately, surgery was laminectomy and diskectomy at L2-3.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is a risk of this surgery.

If you were not informed of the risks, then you need to consult a lawyer.

Stem cell therapy is not to the point of regenerating nerves.

You need an EMG/NCS, a test with electrodes, to see what exactly is wrong, as well as an MRI, post surgical.

You also need to see a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, who can arrange an exact post operative diagnosis.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.