Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My daughter is 4 years old with hydrocephalus mild dandy yhe

Customer Question

Hello my daughter is 4 years old with hydrocephalus mild d***** ***** yhe past 2 days she has had a headache and sleeped most of the day away no other symptoms could this be the weather changing or her growing her ventricular system dose not enlarge with shut malfunction
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

If she is not having any additional symptoms like vomiting or confusion etc then this is very less likely from enlarging ventricles. Also if she is not having fever then brain infections like meningitis or encephalitis very less likely. Also very important whether her symptoms are progressive (worsening?) or not – if she appears to be having more and more severe headache and she is becoming more and more sleepy then we need to suspect ventricles enlarging in size, if her symptoms are not worsening or progressing then chances are very less that this is anything serious.

While this looks like most likely nothing of serious in nature, rather appears to be related to weather change etc however if she is having any of the additional symptoms I have mentioned above or if you feel her symptoms are progressive in nature then she needs to be shown to doctors, on the otherhand if no additional new symptoms and also if she is not worsening then she can be observed at home and she should recover soon.

Please let me know if you have any further questions; and if you feel you have received the answer to your question please rate me so that I can receive credit for the time and effort put by me in answering your question.

Best regards,

Neuro Doctor

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, I am sorry I cannot do the phone service due to certain technical issues. If you wish to continue with this current question & answer format I will be very glad to continue assisting you further as long as you need my services. Please let me know.