Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

My right arm and hand are hurting me since I received an

Customer Question

My right arm and hand are hurting me since I received an epidural injection with platelet rich plasma more than 3 months ago. They drew out several viles of blood and processed it and then "bathed" my cervical spine with platelet lysates. What could be
causing the pain in my right arm and hand? I had no pain in my right arm and hand at all before the epidural injection.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

It is very difficult to say what is causing your pain given the limited data you have provided.

Perhaps a nerve was damaged during the injection or a clot formed etc.

If it is due to your procedure there is very little that can be done at this point to get things back to the way they were. You might have to just treat the pain itself.

One thing you could do is seek out another opinion at a large university teaching hospital.

Why a teaching hospital? Because

At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS