Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I had prostate cancer 5 years ago about 3 months ago pas

Customer Question

I had prostate cancer 5 years ago about 3 months ago pas rose slightly and had it checked 6 weeks later and back to normal. Then a month ago started bad hip pain on right side then it started radiating down leg into foot sometimes excruciating pain. Had an Mir thought it was sciatica but no pinched nerves but very bad degenerative and bulged disc. I am very concerned it maybe the prostate cancer.my dr prescribed pain management. What is your thought,thank you
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I would ask you if you have numbness and weakness as well as pain? Does it follow a distribution down the back of your thigh to mid calf, or lateral side of the foot? Certainly, even in neurology, common things are common, and your statements about degenerative disc disease and sciatica is much more common than prostate Cancer causing neuroforaminal compression and sciatica. It can happen but usually bone metastasis in prostate disrupts the architecture of the bone and gives regional back pain primarily. The MRI would have shown that change. Please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or rate my service if satisfied as that is how I am compensated for my work. thanks *****