Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My vien on the inside of my left arm feels like it has an IV

Customer Question

My vien on the inside of my left arm feels like it has an IV in it, very painful at times should I be worried
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello welcome to JA. I will review your statement and get back to you shortly. We can discuss this until you are satisfied.

Dr. Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Possibly, depending on the cause. Your suffering from phliebitis. The inflammation of the vein wall can be from infection, thrombosis, or dilitation, as from blood dyscrasias. People with connective tissue disease or rumetelogical diseases can also have this problem. Do you have a medical history? Was there any history of trauma? Have you had phliebitis in your legs, seeing as it's most common in the legs? Get back to me to discuss.

Dr. Frank